HUR MAN ANVÄNDER?:
Beräkna kostnad : USD
Tid som behövs: 00 dagar 00 timmar 05 minuter
Check Out the Person Info Brochure if offered from your pharmacologist prior to you begin taking niacin as well as each time you obtain a refill. If you have any kind of inquiries, ask your medical professional or pharmacologist.
Take this medication by mouth with a low-fat meal or snack as directed by your doctor, usually at bedtime. Taking niacin on an empty stomach increases side effects (such as flushing, upset stomach). Do not crush or chew extended-release tablets. Doing so can release all of the drug at once, increasing the risk of side effects. Also, do not split the tablets unless they have a score line and your doctor or pharmacist tells you to do so. Swallow the whole or split tablet without crushing or chewing.
- Do not switch
Niacin is available in different formulations (such as immediate and sustained release). Do not switch between strengths, brands, or forms of niacin. Severe liver problems may occur.
The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. To reduce your risk of side effects, your doctor may direct you to start this medication at a low dose and gradually increase your dose. Your dose will need to be increased slowly, even if you are already taking niacin and are being switched from another niacin product (such as immediate-release tablets) to this product. Follow your doctor's instructions carefully.
- Sänk ditt kolesterol
If you also take certain other drugs to lower your cholesterol (bile acid-binding resins such as cholestyramine or colestipol), take niacin at least 4-6 hours before or after taking these medications. These products can react with niacin, preventing its full absorption. Continue to take other medications to lower your cholesterol as directed by your doctor.
- Side Effects
To lessen the chance of side effects such as flushing, avoid alcohol, hot beverages, and eating spicy foods near the time you take niacin. Taking a plain (non-enteric coated, 325 milligram) aspirin or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (such as ibuprofen, 200 milligrams) 30 minutes before taking niacin may help prevent flushing. Ask your doctor if this treatment is right for you.c
- Använd denna medicin regelbundet
Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well. Most people with high cholesterol do not feel sick.
- Tar denna medicin
Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor. If you stop taking niacin, you may need to return to your original dose and gradually increase it again. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for instructions on restarting your dose if you have not taken your medication for an extended period (more than 7 days).
It is very important to continue to follow your doctor's advice about diet and exercise.
Prior to taking niacin, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist if you dislike it; or if you have any kind of various other allergic reactions. This item might include non-active components, which can trigger allergies or various other issues. Speak with your pharmacologist for even more information.
- Prior to utilizing this medicine, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist your case history, particularly of: extremely reduced high blood pressure, alcohol usage, hemorrhaging issues (such as reduced platelets), diabetic issues, gallbladder illness, glaucoma, gout pain, heart problem (such as current cardiac arrest, unsteady angina), kidney illness, liver disease/increase in liver enzymes, neglected mineral inequality (reduced phosphate degrees), background of stomach/intestinal abscess, underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
- This medication might make you woozy. Do not drive, utilize equipment, or do any kind of task that needs awareness till you make sure you can carry out such tasks securely. Limitation alcohols.
- Prior to having surgical treatment, inform your medical professional or dental practitioner concerning all the items you utilize (consisting of prescription medicines, nonprescription medicines, as well as organic items).
- This medicine might occasionally make your blood sugar level degree increase, which can trigger or get worse diabetic issues. Inform your medical professional promptly if you establish signs and symptoms of high blood sugar level, such as raised thirst as well as peeing. If you currently have diabetic issues, make certain to examine your blood sugar level frequently. Your medical professional might require to change your diabetic issues medicine, workout program, or diet plan.
- While pregnant, this medicine needs to be utilized just when plainly required. Talk about the dangers as well as advantages with your medical professional.
This medicine enters bust milk. Consult your medical professional prior to breast-feeding.
Medicine communications might alter exactly how your drugs function or enhance your danger for severe adverse effects. This file does not include all feasible medication communications. Maintain a listing of all the items you utilize (consisting of prescription/nonprescription medicines as well as organic items) as well as share it with your medical professional as well as pharmacologist. Do not begin, quit, or alter the dose of any kind of medications without your medical professional’s authorization.
Vissa föremål som kan kommunicera med denna medicin består av:
- “blood slimmers” (such as acenocoumarol, warfarin)
Examine all prescription as well as nonprescription medication tags meticulously because vitamins/dietary supplements might likewise include niacin or nicotinamide. These might enhance your danger of adverse effects if taken with each other. Ask your medical professional or pharmacologist for even more information.
This medicine might hinder particular research laboratory examinations (consisting of pee or blood catecholamines, copper-based pee sugar examinations), potentially triggering incorrect examination outcomes. Ensure research laboratory employees as well as all your medical professionals understand you utilize this medication.
If an overdose is presumed, call a poisonous substance nerve center or emergency clinic promptly. United States citizens can call their neighborhood poisonous substance nerve center. UK citizens can call a rural poisonous substance nerve center.
ANMÄRKNINGAR: Dela inte denna medicin med andra.
Lab examinations (such as blood lipids, blood sugar level, liver feature examinations) ought to be executed occasionally to check your development or look for adverse effects. Consult your medical professional for even more information.
MISSAT UT PÅ DOSERING:
If you miss out on a dosage, take it as quickly as you bear in mind. If it is near the moment of the following dosage, avoid the missed out on dosage as well as resume your normal application routine. Do not increase the dosage to capture up.
- Shop at space temperature level far from light as well as dampness.
- Do not shop in the washroom.
- Maintain all medicines far from youngsters as well as animals.
- Spola inte ner droger i toalettstolen eller lägg dem direkt i ett avloppsrör om du inte uppmanas att göra det.
- Kassera detta föremål effektivt när det är slut eller inte längre behövs.
Rådgör med din farmakolog eller sophanteringsföretag i området.