WICHTEG: WEI DËS INFO BENOTZEN: This is a recap and also does NOT have all feasible details regarding this item. This details does not guarantee that this item is risk-free, reliable, or suitable for you. This details is not private clinical suggestions and also does not alternative to the suggestions of your healthcare expert. Constantly ask your healthcare expert for total details regarding this item and also your particular wellness requirements.
- LATANOPROST – OPHTHALMIC SERVICE (lay-TAN-oh-prost)
- GEMENG MARKE (S) - Xalatan
Latanoprost is made use of to deal with high stress inside the eye as a result of glaucoma (open angle kind) or various other eye conditions (e.g., eye high blood pressure). It resembles an all-natural chemical in the body (prostaglandin) and also functions by managing the circulation of liquid within the eye which causes reduced stress. Reducing high stress inside the eye aids to stop loss of sight.
Zäit néideg: 00 Deeg 00 Stonnen 05 Minutten
D'Dosis baséiert op Ärem klineschen Problem souwéi Feedback op d'Therapie. Fir Är Gefor vun negativen Effekter ze reduzéieren, kann Äre medizinesche Fachmann Iech guidéieren fir dës Medizin mat enger reduzéierter Dosis unzefänken an och Är Dosis lues ze erhéijen. Follegt Äre medizinesche Fachmann seng Uweisunge ganz virsiichteg. Huelt dëst Medikament dacks fir ee vun de meeschte Gewënn dovun ze kréien. Fir Iech ze hëllefen am Kapp ze halen, huelt et all Dag op der exakt selwechter Zäit.
- Apply this medication
Apply this medication in the affected eye(s) usually once daily in the evening, or as directed by your doctor. Do not use this medication more frequently than prescribed; using more can decrease effectiveness.
- Eye drops
To apply eye drops, wash your hands first. To avoid contamination, do not touch the dropper tip or let it touch your eye or any other surface.
The preservative in this product may be absorbed by contact lenses. If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using this medication and keep them out of your eyes for at least 15 minutes after applying latanoprost.
- Tilt your head back
Tilt your head back, look upward and pull down the lower eyelid to make a pouch. Hold the dropper directly over your eye and apply the prescribed number of drops. Look downward and gently close your eye for 1 to 2 minutes. Place one finger at the inside corner of your eye near the nose and apply gentle pressure. This will prevent the medication from draining out. Try not to blink and do not rub your eye.
- The dropper
Do not rinse the dropper. Replace the dropper cap after each use.
- Benotzt dëst Medikament regelméisseg
Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. Remember to use it at the same time each day. It is important to continue using latanoprost even if you feel well. Most people with glaucoma or high pressure in the eye do not feel sick.
- Eye medication
If you are using another kind of eye medication (e.g., drops or ointments), wait at least 5 minutes before applying other products. Use eye drops before eye ointments to allow the eye drops to enter the eye.
- Obscured vision
- burning/stinging/itching/soreness of the eye
- sensation as if something remains in the eye
- modifications in eyelash number/color/length/density
- eyelid changes/skin dimming
- completely dry eye
- cover crusting/discomfort
- raised level of sensitivity to light
- flu-like signs and symptoms
- or muscle/joint discomfort might take place
If any one of these results continue or aggravate, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist without delay.
This medicine might gradually (over months to years) trigger brownish staining of the tinted section of the eye (iris). If you are making use of latanoprost in just one eye, just that iris might alter shade. This shade modification might be long-term yet the long-lasting results doubt. Alert your medical professional if this takes place and also routine normal eye tests to check it.
Keep in mind that your medical professional has actually recommended this medicine due to the fact that she or he has actually evaluated that the advantage to you is above the threat of adverse effects. Lots of people utilizing this medicine do not have major adverse effects.
Inform your medical professional instantly if any one of these not likely yet major adverse effects take place:
- eye discomfort
- presumed eye infection (uncommon soreness or swelling of eyes)
- Broscht Onbequemlechkeet
Inform your medical professional instantly if any one of these extremely not likely yet extremely major adverse effects take place: fast vision modifications (e.g., loss of vision).
A significant allergy to this medication is not likely, yet look for prompt clinical focus if it takes place. Signs of a major allergy consist of:
- extreme itching/swelling (specifically of the face/tongue/throat)
This is not a full listing of feasible adverse effects. If you see various other results not provided above, call your medical professional or pharmacologist.
In the UK – Call your medical professional for clinical suggestions regarding adverse effects.
Prior to making use of latanoprost, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist if you dislike it; or if you have any kind of various other allergic reactions. This item might consist of non-active components (such as chemicals like benzalkonium chloride), which can trigger allergies or various other troubles. Talk with your pharmacologist for even more information.
- This medicine ought to not be made use of if you have specific clinical problems. Prior to utilizing this medication, consult your medical professional or pharmacologist if you have: an energetic swelling procedure within the eye (e.g., iritis, uveitis).
- Prior to utilizing this medicine, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist your case history, specifically of: various other eye troubles (e.g., macular edema, background of iritis/uveitis, lens extraction/aphakia), get in touch with lens usage.
- If you establish an eye infection or injury, or have eye surgical procedure, talk to your medical professional regarding the proceeded use your present container of latanoprost. You might be encouraged to begin making use of a brand-new container.
- Your vision might be momentarily obscured or unsteady after using this medication. Do not drive, utilize equipment, or do any kind of task that calls for clear vision up until you make sure you can carry out such tasks securely.
- This medicine ought to be made use of just when plainly required while pregnant. Talk about the threats and also advantages with your medical professional.
- It is not understood whether this medication enters bust milk. Consult your medical professional prior to breast-feeding.
Your medical professional or pharmacologist might currently recognize any kind of feasible medication communications and also might be checking you for them. Do not begin, quit, or alter the dose of any kind of medication prior to talking to them initially.
Prior to utilizing this medicine, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist of all prescription and also nonprescription/herbal items you might utilize, specifically of:
- eyelash therapy (such as topically used bimatoprost).
This record does not consist of all feasible communications. As a result, prior to utilizing this item, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist of all the items you utilize. Maintain a checklist of all your medicines with you, and also share the listing with your medical professional and also pharmacologist.
This medication might be damaging if ingested. If ingesting or overdose is presumed, get in touch with a toxin nerve center or emergency clinic instantly. UK locals can call a rural poisonous substance nerve center.
NOTIZEN: Deelt dëst Medikament net mat aneren.
Lab and/or clinical examinations (e.g., eye tests) need to be carried out occasionally to check your progression or look for adverse effects. Consult your medical professional for even more information.
If you miss out on a dosage, utilize it as quickly as you keep in mind if it gets on the very same day. If you do not keep in mind up until the following day, miss the missed out on dosage and also resume your typical application routine. Do not increase the dosage to capture up.
- Shop the unopened containers in the fridge.
- As soon as a container is opened up for usage, it might be saved at area temperature level (as much as 77 levels F or 25 levels C) for 6 weeks, unless or else advised by your pharmacologist.
- Dispose of any kind of opened up, extra containers hereafter amount of time.
- Shop far from light and also wetness.
- Erhalen all Medikamenter wäit vu Jonken an och Déieren.
- Spülen d'Medikamenter net an d'Buedzëmmer oder setzen se direkt an en Drainpipe, ausser et gëtt ugeroden dat ze maachen.
- Gëeegent dëst Element ewechhuelen wann et eriwwer ass oder net méi erfuerderlech ass.
Consult your pharmacologist or neighborhood garbage disposal firm for even more information regarding just how to securely discard your item.