IMPORTANT : COMMENT UTILISER CES DÉTAILS : This is a recap as well as does NOT have all feasible info regarding this item. This info does not guarantee that this item is risk-free, efficient, or suitable for you. This info is not specific clinical recommendations as well as does not replacement for the recommendations of your healthcare expert. Constantly ask your healthcare expert for full info regarding this item as well as your particular health and wellness requirements.
- LOVASTATIN – ORAL (LOE-va-STAT-in)
- NOM(S) COMMERCIAL(S) COMMUN(S) – Mevacor
Lovastatin is made use of together with an appropriate diet regimen to assist reduced “poor” cholesterol as well as fats (such as LDL, triglycerides) as well as elevate “great” cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. It comes from a team of medications called “statins.” It functions by decreasing the quantity of cholesterol made by the liver. Decreasing “poor” cholesterol as well as triglycerides as well as elevating “great” cholesterol reduces the threat of cardiovascular disease as well as aids avoid strokes as well as cardiovascular disease.
Along with consuming an appropriate diet regimen (such as a low-cholesterol/low-fat diet regimen), various other way of life modifications that might assist this drug job much better consist of working out, dropping weight if obese, as well as quiting cigarette smoking. Consult your medical professional for even more information.
Temps nécessaire : 00 jours 00 heures 05 minutes
La dose est basée sur votre problème clinique ainsi que sur la rétroaction au traitement. Pour réduire votre risque d'effets secondaires, votre médecin peut vous conseiller de commencer ce médicament à une dose réduite et d'augmenter lentement votre dose. Suivez très attentivement les instructions de votre professionnel de la santé. Prenez ce médicament fréquemment pour en tirer le meilleur parti. Pour vous aider à garder à l'esprit, prenez-le à la même heure chaque jour.
Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually once daily with your evening meal. Some patients may be directed to take this medication twice daily.
Dosage is based on your medical condition, response to treatment, age, and other medications you may be taking. Be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while using this medication unless your doctor instructs you otherwise. Grapefruit can increase the amount of this medication in your bloodstream. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
- Faites baisser votre cholestérol
If you also take certain other drugs to lower your cholesterol (bile acid-binding resins such as cholestyramine or colestipol), take lovastatin at least 1 hour before or at least 4 hours after taking these medications. These products can react with lovastatin, preventing its full absorption.
- Prenez ce médicament régulièrement
Take this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. Remember to take it at the same time(s) each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well. Most people with high cholesterol or triglycerides do not feel sick.
It is very important to continue to follow your doctor's advice about diet and exercise. It may take up to 4 weeks before you get the full benefit of this drug.
Keep in mind that your medical professional has actually suggested this drug due to the fact that she or he has actually evaluated that the advantage to you is above the threat of negative effects. Lots of people utilizing this drug do not have significant negative effects.
This medicine might occasionally create muscle mass issues (which can seldom result in an extremely significant problem called rhabdomyolysis). Inform your medical professional instantly if you establish any one of these signs and symptoms:
- muscle mass pain/tenderness/weakness (particularly with high temperature or uncommon exhaustion)
- adjustment in the quantity of pee
This drug might seldom create liver issues. If you discover any one of the adhering to unusual however significant negative effects, inform your medical professional instantly:
- jaunissement des yeux/de la peau
- pipi noir
- extreme stomach/abdominal discomfort
- relentless nausea/vomiting
An extremely significant allergy to this medicine is unusual. Nevertheless, look for instant clinical focus if you discover any type of signs and symptoms of a severe allergy, consisting of:
- démangeaisons/gonflement (en particulier du visage/de la langue/de la gorge)
- étourdissement extrême
- problème respiratoire
This is not a total checklist of feasible negative effects. If you discover various other impacts not provided above, call your medical professional or pharmacologist.
In the UK – Call your medical professional for clinical recommendations regarding negative effects.
In UK – Call your medical professional for clinical recommendations regarding negative effects.
Prior to taking lovastatin, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist if you dislike it; or if you have any type of various other allergic reactions. This item might have non-active components, which can create allergies or various other issues. Talk with your pharmacologist for even more information.
- Prior to utilizing this drug, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist your case history, particularly of: liver condition, kidney condition, alcohol usage.
- Prior to having surgical procedure, inform your medical professional or dental professional regarding all the items you make use of (consisting of prescription medications, nonprescription medications, as well as organic items).
- Restriction liquors. Daily use alcohol might enhance your threat for liver issues, particularly when integrated with lovastatin. Ask your medical professional or pharmacologist to learn more.
- Older grownups might be much more conscious the negative effects of this medicine, particularly muscle mass issues.
- This drug needs to not be made use of while pregnant. Lovastatin might damage a coming infant. As a result, it is essential to avoid maternity while taking this drug. Consult your medical professional for even more information as well as to talk about making use of at the very least 2 trusted kinds of contraception (such as prophylactics, contraceptive pill) while taking this drug. If you conceive or assume you might be expectant, inform your medical professional instantly.
It is unidentified if this drug enters bust milk. As a result of the feasible threat to the baby, breast-feeding while utilizing this medicine is not suggested. Consult your medical professional prior to breast-feeding.
COMMUNICATIONS MÉDICALES :
The impacts of some medications can alter if you take various other medications or organic items at the very same time. This can enhance your threat for significant negative effects or might create your medicines not to function properly. These medicine communications are feasible, however do not constantly take place. Your medical professional or pharmacologist can frequently avoid or handle communications by transforming exactly how you utilize your medicines or by close tracking.
To assist your medical professional as well as pharmacologist offer you the most effective treatment, make certain to inform your medical professional as well as pharmacologist regarding all the items you make use of (consisting of prescription medications, nonprescription medications, as well as organic items) prior to beginning therapy with this item. While utilizing this item, do not begin, quit, or alter the dose of any type of various other medications you are making use of without your medical professional’s authorization.
Some items that might engage with this medicine consist of: “blood slimmers” (such as warfarin).
Various other medicines can impact the elimination of lovastatin from your body, which might impact exactly how lovastatin functions. Instances consist of:
- antifongiques azolés (tels que l'itraconazole, le kétoconazole)
- macrolide prescription antibiotics (such as clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- HIV protease preventions (such as ritonavir)
This paper does not have all feasible medicine communications. Maintain a listing of all the items you make use of. Share this checklist with your medical professional as well as pharmacologist to decrease your threat for significant drug issues.
If overdose is presumed, get in touch with a poisonous substance nerve center or emergency clinic instantly. United States locals can call the United States National Toxin Hotline. UK locals can call a rural poisonous substance nerve center.
REMARQUES: Ne partagez pas ce médicament avec d'autres.
Research laboratory and/or clinical examinations (such as blood cholesterol/triglyceride degrees, liver feature examinations) ought to be executed regularly to check your progression or look for negative effects. Consult your medical professional for even more information.
MANQUÉ SUR LE DOSAGE :
If you miss out on a dosage, take it as quickly as you keep in mind. If it is near the moment of the following dosage, avoid the missed out on dosage as well as resume your common application timetable. Do not increase the dosage to capture up.
ESPACE DE STOCKAGE:
- Magasinez au niveau de température de l'espace loin de la lumière et de l'humidité.
- Storage space temperature level varies vary according to various producers, so consult your pharmacologist to learn more.
- Ne magasinez pas dans la salle de douche.
- Maintain all medications far from kids as well as pet dogs.
- Ne jetez pas les médicaments dans la salle de bain ou ne les jetez pas directement dans un tuyau d'évacuation à moins d'avis contraire.
- Appropriately discard this item when it is ended or no more required.
Consult your pharmacologist or neighborhood garbage disposal firm for even more information regarding exactly how to securely discard your item.